- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Four 1/2-inch cubes pepper jack cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Ketchup, mustard and/or mayonnaise, for spreading
- Cabbage leaves, cut tomato, sliced red onion, for garnish
- Pickles, for serving
Split the beef into 4 equal slices. Press a block of pepper card into the middle of each and shape the meat about the cheese; form into pies, about 4 inches varied and 3/4 inch thick. Season the pies with salt and pepper.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the pies and cook until fried on the bottom, about 4 minutes. turn the pies and top each with a slice of Cheddar; cook 4 to 5 more minutes.
Temporarily, toast the buns and feast with ketchup, mustard. Fill with the burgers and top with tomato ketchup or red onion. Serve with fixes.
More recipes for a burger