- 2 pounds newly ground clamp.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices deli-counter American cheese
- 6 large burger rolls, sooner home-based, grilled if wanted
- thousand island dressing
- sliced red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced pickles
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix crushed beef, onion powder, salt, and pepper until just collective. Do not overmix, or your patties will be rough.
- Split into six portions and form pies, without insistent too hard. They should be unbroken in breadth. Plane out any crashes using your fingers. Make these correct earlier you grill them, so they break at room temperature.
- Heat up your grill, frypan to high heat, and add burger pies. If using a grill, cover with the top.
- Cook until the shell that forms on the bottom of the burger releases it from the pan or grate — about 2 minutes. Mildly test, but don’t flip it until it gets to this point.
- When burgers lift up effortlessly, jesting, add two slices of cheese to each, close top if using a grill, and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes for medium.
- Eliminate burgers with a robust metal spatula and handover to a plate. Allow to rest for several minutes, then handover to buns.
- Relish as desired and serve instantly.
More recipes for a burger