- 1 pound ground lean (7% fat) beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 or 2 pieces garlic, skinned and crushed
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns (4 in. wide), split
- About 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- About 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1 firm-ripe tomato, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices of red onion
- Step 1
In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well mixed. Split the mixture into four equal shares and shape each into a burger about 4 inches eclectic.
- Step 2
Lay burgers on an oiled grill over a solid bed of hot ashes or high heat on a gas grill close lid on a gas grill. Warmth burgers, rotating once until browned on both sides and no extensive pink inside after 5 min Take away from the grill.
- Step 3
Untrained buns, censored side down, on the grill and cook until casually toasted 30 seconds.
- Step 4
Blowout mayonnaise and ketchup on bun ends. Add tomato, onion, salt, and pepper to taste. Set bun trimmings in place.