- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 500g pack Beef Steak Mince
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices mature Cheddar (optional)
- 4 white rolls
- few round lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- ketchup, to serve (optional)
- heat the olive oil in a boiling pan, add the onion, and heat for 5 minutes until softer and starting to go golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, associate the beef mince with the herbs and the egg. Season, add the onions, and mix well. Using your hands, shape into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers on a warmed griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side. Although the second side is cooking, place a slice of cheese on top to soften slightly.
- Temporarily, casually toast the sides of the buns on the grill. Fill with the cabbage, burgers, and tomato slices. Serve with ketchup.
More recipes for a burger