Cooking Wild Rice on the Stovetop
1 (one) cup wild rice
4 (four )cups water or broth or a mixture of both
- Wash the rice in a fine-mesh strainer beneath cold running water.
- Add rice and liquid to an average-sized saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Lower heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 45 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Drain the excess liquid. Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
- Cooking Wild Rice in the Instant Pan
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 ½ cups water or broth or a mixture of both
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water.
- Add rice and liquid to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure and fluff with a fork. You’re done!